Factory default. Initiates a short disk test that takes approximately 5 minutes, then begins a 10-minute time-out period waiting for RAIDar. During the 10-minute time-out period, the system can be powered off safely without causing any data loss. After 10 minutes, or if you select the factory default option with RAIDar during the time-out period, the factory default process begins. WARNING! The factory default reboot process resets the unit to factory settings, erases all data, resets all defaults, and reformats the disk to X-RAID2.
To perform an OS Re-install or Factory Default, this is managed via the Reset button on the back of the chassis.
Locate the reset pinhole.
1. ReadyNAS X6/600: the pinhole is on the back in the lower left corner.
2. ReadyNAS Duo/NV/NV+: the pinhole is next to the USB port in the back.
2. Get a straightened paper clip and depress the hidden switch in the pinhole while the power is off, and then power on the ReadyNAS.
To perform other options such as Skip Volume Check, Tech Support Mode, and Memory Test, this is managed via the Power button.
1. With the system off, hold down the Power button, and wait for the desired LED flashes.
2. Release the Power button when the option you desire is active.
1. Systems with an LCD (NV+) will also display the boot menu item text on the LCD at each stage.
Button to Hold Time to Hold LED flashes Boot Menu Mode Power 5 seconds 1 Skip Volume Check Power 10 seconds 2 TFTP Boot Power 15 seconds 3 Tech Support Mode Power 20 seconds 4 USB Boot Power 25 seconds 5 Memory Test Reset 5 seconds 1 OS Re-install Reset 30 seconds 2 Factory Default